Am looking for a timesheet script including expenses and billing of these hours and expenses, with a possibility to work with prepayments. Must include employees(users), clients, projects, activities(with rates). Must be able to make a billingproposal with the possibility to make corrections, before the billing is definitive. Have a nice opensource example (Timetracker, but that has to be changed. Any other idea or script is acceptable as long as it is simple without to much other fuzz around it. Please only serious coders, because I had already a bad experience with this.
I have found a nice open source script. You can download this for free under [url removed, login to view]
There is also a user guide avaiable, which gives a good idea of how that script is working at this moment.
The basics for me as a user are good in this script but I need some things solved.
1. For each new client you also have to give in the info of your own company, which of course is not efficient. Can solve this with a place where you edit your company info(one user works only in one company of course)The scripts works with managers who can manage their own company in this level there should be the company info.
2. The system works with projects. We want to take the tariff/rates out of the projects, just a simple project name, but the project has to be connected to a client.
3. Activities is o.k., but here should be the a code for hours or expenses, so that you can book hours and expenses, also the standard tarif or rate should be here(rate should be editable when you book the hours or expenses in the timesheet)
4. Timesheet (booking of hours) Also booking of expenses must be possible. No need to enter starting and endtime, only a number for the hours or expenses is .o.k. Must be possible to enter a negative number (f.i. to book prepayment as negative expense)
The inputscreen of the timesheet is very nice for us, but must have possibility to enter expenses.
5. The reporting section is o.k.,but it must be possible to prepare a proforma invoice, in which it is possible to make corrections in the hours, rates and expenses. Maybe a simple browse function with a filter for a specific client or project can do. Once the invoice is marked as o.k. the hours/expenses connected with that specific invoice should be marked as invoiced, so that the system will not show them the next time as billable.
If you have a better or more simple system we can think about that also, but this system has some advantages, like multilingual and the possibility to work with more companies (on the managers level), which is of course very interesting.
All the rest is less important, so if you have better ideas please let me know.