The project is to create a web-based database application that allows users to store information into pre-defined fields, create new fields as needed, and retrieve/sort their data easily. Each user will make their own account and access their information securely. Their data will be visible only to themselves. The information stored will be plain text - simple things like names, preferences, etc.
1. Users will be able to make an account. User accounts will allow them access to only their information. They will input this information into a generic set of fields to be stored in a MYSQL database.
2. New Category Creation: Users must be able to append the database. That is, users can easily add additional fields or categories as needed and then enter new data into those fields created. New fields will only be available upon creation by each unique user - their data and fields will be their own.
3. Record Retrieval System: users will be able to sort the data easily. They will be able to check or select certain data they want displayed, sort by column, etc - standard data recall and sort capabilities. Each user record will be secure.
1. Simple GUI will take best practices from sites like [url removed, login to view] that offer users clear and intuitive user capabilities and navigation. Simple and easy to use are key points, particularly for data recall and display. (Note: this is not a clone project).
2. Data records can be pulled easily from the database and displayed and sorted.