This project is for making a Community Web 2.0 Style Site and the Written Guides on the site will be editable by members in a Wiki fashion.
I attached a .jpg sample of how the site will look. Take a look.
Brief Explaination of what you are looking at in that .jpg:
- Table of contents (Pretty self-explanatory), Only thing to say about this is, i want to decide the topics that will be covered on that page (Overview, Auras, Blessings, etc are the topics im talking about), meaning i don't want visitors to create their own categories.
- Each Topic will have a small [ Edit ] link where members can add, remove, or change something inside that topic.
- I want pictures 'locked' so members don't delete them.
- Login Area, everyones going to keep that default avatar for now. I will have you make it so people can upload their own in the future.
- Right of the avatar is the members details which they will fill in during registration.
- Under that is 'Recent Guides'. I want this to be automatically generated (i don't want to manually put those in). Example, The page in the .jpg is the 'Paladin Guide'. People reading this page will most likely be intrested in other pages on the site related to Paladins so we have 'Paladin Talents' and 'Paladin Macros' listed. Clicking on them will take them to those pages.
- One thing thats not shown in this design is the 'Comments' area. People will be able to comment on all guides and articles and that will be placed underneath them.
Details of the Comment Area. Everything Listed in the Login Area is what will be placed in the members comment.
Honor. Honor is a voting system much like you see on www.digg.com. When people make a comment other members can vote it up or vote it down. This is their Honor.
Admin Area Details
I do not know what technology i would like to use. I supposed PHP but I don't care to much. Whatever gives me the correct end result.
I supposed i would need a way to input different Guides and specify the different topics that can be editable by the visitors. The guides need to be put into Categories and all guides under those categories will be listed in the Right Hand Side under 'Related Guides'. If you have another way of doing this then thats fine, whatever give the correct result.
The Ability to ban people that are putting up bad things. Possibly the ability to restore old content in the case that someone puts up bad things or deletes all content on the site.