I would like a script that automatically takes screenshots of websites and generates a thumbnail image like
[url removed, login to view] does.
Currently we pay Thumbshots to use their screenshots but it is expensive so we are after our own solution.
The screenshots will mainly be used in a Links/Bookmark feature on our website.
I see it working with the following link structure:
[url removed, login to view][URL]&w=[Width]&h=[Height]
where: [URL] corresponds to the exact destination of the page that will be "screenshot". [Width] and [Height] can be 60 or up to 480 to generate a small or large screenshot respectively.
1. We definitely need to generate over two hundred thousand screenshots.
2. The script must run on our Linux server.
3. I would also like the script to be able to automatically make screenshots from a dynamic URL and full URLs e.g.:
[url removed, login to view]
4. An option "Queue this Website for Update" that when clicked will generate a fresh screenshot.
5. A method I can use to automatically re-take all the screenshots.
Please show some examples or your skill, and/or show me if you have worked on a similar project.
I will pay 100% upfront by depositing your total bid into SL's escrow, in 3 separate transactions that I suggest will be released as follows:
20% when you demonstrate the script basically works on your server
60% when it is working on my server
20% if there are no bugs discovered in the script within 48 hours of it working on my server
20% bonus (or more) if you do good work in a timely fashion
(all the above is negotiable if I agree to your payment structure before you place a bid)
Ask questions before bidding. Thanks.
Links that may be helpful to you:
1. [url removed, login to view]
2. [url removed, login to view]
3. [url removed, login to view]
4. [url removed, login to view]