We are forming a national online history club (supporting, but not limited to the reenactment arts in America). Have a
preliminary index page set up at LetsPlayHistory.org. Most of the features are conceptually explained on the blog at
[url removed, login to view] .
Hoping for a transitional, part A and part B website, where A=public access w/no login, and B=login required. A and B
will BOTH be completely free to use for up to six months while we promote, then we will need to convert B to paid
membership-access only for use of key features on the site. We are hoping all the part B features will be accessable with
one username and password. Part B will eventually require recurring billing.
Part B to include the following:
[to be added now:]
1) An advanced automated calendar system that will allow members to self-post unlimited events on a choice of 51 different
calendars (one for each state, and one for national). We have found a calendar system we like at [url removed, login to view], but
we're open to other possibilities.
2) A forum. We have been looking at Simple Machines Forum, but we're open to other possibilities.
3) A page we call the "University," where historical how-to e-books and e-videos are available for purchase. Will require
some kind of purchasing and download system. Prefer a simple Paypal setup at first, that is extendable to [url removed, login to view],
[to be added later:]
4) Page for self-registering history hobby groups by city, state and type.
5) Page for self-registering as a research volunteer, by city and state (called "Detectives Network")
6) Page for self-joining the co-op.
7) Automated self-post classifieds, US, by city, state, and category.
-Must include documentation for backing up, upgrading, and extending.
-Depending on setup, we may or may not need some graphics help.
-Good English a must.