I want to start a site that's NOT for dating. But dating scripts offer many features that can be adapted for my purpose. Both osDate & Dolphin seem like good candidates.
Please bid ONLY if you have experience working with
* osDate ([url removed, login to view]) and/or
* Dolphin Smart Community Builder ([url removed, login to view])
...AND you can be available for voicechat (skype, hotmail, yahoo or google). The time you are available does NOT have to match US workday.
This is not a complete description. To give that (without revealing the concept which, for security reasons I won't do in an open listing) would be long, complex and hard to understand. So if you feel you can handle the following tasks, make a bid based on 20 hours. Finalists will get full details and then be asked for a final bid.
I have placed general requirements up top and will add osDate-specific and Dolphin-specific requirements in Added Comments area.
*** Escrow in 2 installments is fine. Completion by mid-June if possible.
*** Please specify OSDATE, DOLPHIN, or BOTH in your bid.
*** Links to any RELEVANT projects appreciated.
Some of the mods I want can be done within the user-definable config options. Others will require coding.
Thanks for your interest.
= = = = =
*** 1. Create a custom template to reflect the site's non-dating purpose. I'll supply sketches and a site map, but your added creativity is welcome. Many features standard to a dating site will be removed, others modified.
*** 2. Install the Canadian Postal Code add-on.
*** 3. By default, all members will also be registered as affiliates. Not for commission purposes, but to determine which profiles can be searched/viewed/contacted by each member. Affiliate tracking must extend for 7 tiers (levels).
This might be simply pulled from the db, but a simple solution that occurs to me is:
- set up 7 fields in each member's db record. We'll call them 101-107.
- ID number of the member/affiliate who refers a new member is added to new member's field 101. Then ID numbers from referrer's 101-106 go into new member's record in fields 102-107.
So when a member performs a search, the db looks for his ID number in 3 of those fields. Each member's search, with whatever additional criteria, only includes the profiles whose db record contains the searcher's ID in one of those 3 fields.
This approach would meet a number of my requirements. But it would be GREAT if you can incorporate a php affiliate management script. I like TWSC Lite, which I could buy for $30. ([url removed, login to view]) It handles far more than 7 tiers plus affiliate links, banners, merged email, user pages, admin, etc. like a champ.
Integration may consist of
- having member registration info from dating script also sent to TWSC db,
- setting links on the user admin page of each app to link w the other (ie member #3085 can open his dating script admin page & link to his TWSC affil admin page and back again).
= = = = = = = = = = = =