I have [url removed, login to view] which has had the main url's rewritten. All seemed fine until I noticed a problem. The links on the home page which had been rewritten all work fine but the results from the searchbox on the frontpage which have not been rewritten are wrong. What happens for example if someone searches for all properties in Playa de las Americas it would return about 300 properties divided into 10 pages. But when you click on page 2 or 3 or 4etc it just goes back to page 1. To get round this problem in the short term I have changed the results to show 300 properties in the first page which I dont really want to do. I think what has happened is that the guy that did this for me changed the script for the page numbering and sequencing to the rewritten version but he should have somehow left the few lines in that pertained to the old scrit that dealt with url's that were not rewritten. I have attached 1. the old script 2. the new script and 3. the .htaccess file I have had to change the name of the file because freelancer did not allow the name to be uploaded.
Just for your information the original freelancer has "disappeared" after being paid as he was my first port of call to fix this.
I am looking for someone that will take the time to actually read this and the attached scripts and identify the problem. Please do not just reply with a "I can do it and ready to start now" Before I accept the bid I would like some comfort in the knowledge that you can actually see the problem and can fix it.
Please note that you will not see the problem at the moment on the website because I have incresed the size of the page for the moment. I will of course bring the size of the pages down to 20 properties so you can see the problem to anyone that is interested in sorting this.
This maybe a small job but there is always future business and I am open to ideas if someone can come up with a better url rewrite system for me.