I need help! I'm having a lot of problems with sending out mail from my web server. It's suppose to send out a mail at the users request if they forgot their password or if I decided to send out a e-mail blast. Instead, I get an error message like this:
Warning: mail() [[url removed, login to view]]: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in [url removed, login to view] or use ini_set() in C:\xampp\htdocs\inc\[url removed, login to view] on line 427
For some reason it's not recognizing my mail server. But here's the catch...
The mail server that I have access to is at globat.com. They gave me list configurations that I need to set my e-mail client to in order to use their mail server. Take a look:
1. Your Incoming POP server is [url removed, login to view]
2. Your Outgoing SMTP server is [url removed, login to view]
3. Check the option “My server requires authentication” under “Outgoing Mail
4. Username: full mailbox name.
5. Password: mailbox password.
6. Make sure that POP (incoming server) port is 110 and SMTP (outgoing server)
port is 25 or 587.
7. Check the option 'My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication under
Outgoing Mail Server'.
8. Please make sure that you unchecked the option 'SSL for the incoming and
outgoing mail servers'.
*This is where I get stuck. -- So, I'll guess this is where you step in and say, "Oh. I got it. Pick me. I can handle this one for you, ASAP?!" LOL.