we are a small indian portal about movies. Our url - www.nonstopcinema.com. we are presently using an old free software called "txnews" which is no more in production as our CMS bcoz of its ease of use. We invite parties interested in scripting a CMS for on a tight budget with the following features.
1) PHP/flatfile : we know da security wid flatfile is less, but our tech team is not highly aware of MySQL. Also its easier when shifting servers.
2) Easy updating of TEMPLATE : We want the script with a template structure. We keep changing our template frequently. This process must be easy.
3) Two categories : The news should be published in a two directories 'NEWS' and 'GOSSIP'. The updating process can be either done thru a single interface or two seperate interfaces.
4) Archiving : The news must be well archived. The pages which have the archives should be within template. Also the archives should be visible on the page where news is shown.
5) Related News : Though we publish the articles in two seperate folders, below each article we want a feature which show "related articles". That is articles on the same or similar topic published earlier by us.
6) Search engine friendly URLS : This is the prime reason why we are shifting from our old CMS. We want a search engine friendly URL. We do not want dynamically generated URLS. A sample URL should look like --
[url removed, login to view]
Its understood that if we dont want dynamic URL and easy change of template ,the files have to be in SHTML. Also, we should be able to call the news wid ease either thru PHP or SSI..
I am willing to provide more details on the project. I guess its easy. We are fine, if scriptors modify and existing FREEWARE script for our needs and install it.