There are a few components, and the engine is OsCommerce.
1. Database and Shop Front:
The site should take a daily data feed (data will be received via ftp, but directory should be polled and import happen when a new file is received), and display all items, categorised for sale in the shop front.
By default, all customers should be "guest" until they create an account. As well as the usual customer information, there should be a "markup" field that is only accessable from the backend, where I can put their markup in. eg. a large customer may get a 5% markup, while a "guest" may get a 15% markup - this needs to be calculated in the prices shown to the customer.
3. There should be the usual flow of a sale. Browse, select, checkout, payment, confirmation, tracking, status, shipping, etc. Customers should be able to pay by credit card, paypal, or have their account flagged (by me only) as a credit account with a credit limit in place.
4. I should be able to email customers (in bulk) from the site database.
5. I am using [url removed, login to view] for hosting, and I am also using the tools they provide, so most templates, etc should be available there.
6. A newsletter system. Customers should have the option of being able to sign up for my newsletter.
7. I think that's all (but I may have missed something?)
We need someone who:
# Has experience in developing with OsCommerce
# Has reference sites and references
# Is methodical in their approach and can turn around fixes in short timeframes
# There is likely to be an ongoing maintenance requirement also - an hour or 2 per month?