*You agree that once the project is complete, I will own all the code, project files along with all rights. You also agree that you will not distribute, copy, sell or give-away any part of this code and / or related project files.
Project Name: Classified Ad Extension with Modules for OpenCart 1.5.x
I want you to see a fantastic example of how the classifieds could be setup:
[url removed, login to view]
I know it's a blog, but if you think about it, isn't a blog article really a classified Ad in disguise? It has an image, text and is displayed using a variety of layouts, sorted by date usually. If you could somehow emulate the blog manager into a classified manager I would consider this to be a very successful project.
Required to be compatible with all versions of OpenCart 1.5.x (1.5.0 - currently 220.127.116.11)
Required to be tested and working in IE, Chrome, Safari and Firefox
Required to use VQMod so as to not change any core files
Required to have any database functions handled by VQMod (no manual steps should be needed)
Required to have account and permissions for Admin, Editor, Logged in user and guest
Feature list for Admin section:
- Ability to create new ad packages like I would create a new product in OpenCart (example: choose category, qty available etc...)
- Package example: buy a promo kit that includes an ad or buy an ad that lasts x amount of days or buy 3 ad pack)
- Ability to create options for Ads to up sell features (add hyper linked URL costs x, featured on top of page costs x, bold title costs x)
- Admin gets create ad, edit ad, delete ad, approve ad, moderate on/off, create category, edit category, delete category
- Editor gets create ad, edit ad, approve ad, moderate on/off
- Logged in user gets post ad (note: need option to manually moderate or automatically turn off moderate after user has posted X ads)
- Module to display newest Ads (should be standard module: left column, right column, top, bottom)
- Module to display Ads from category I choose (should be standard module: left column, right column, top, bottom)
- Option to include featured Ads in modules
- Option to include "Classifieds" menu option like an opencart category (example: top menu or category module)
- Option to turn on/off RSS feed for classifieds
- Option to limit characters allowed in Ads (with character count displayed on front end for user)
Feature list for Front section:
- Guest gets forwarded to OpenCart account creation and then redirected to posting an ad after successful registration)
- User can Post new ad (post text using built-in CKEditor & upload image)
- Ads should be displayed in either grid or list view
- Always show newest ads on top and oldest ads on bottom unless they have paid to be featured on top of page
- User account page should have new option to manage classified ads (Edit, renew, upgrade features, purchase and post new ad)
Please use standard opencart folder structure and the name 'classifieds' for all file names.
I am easy to work with, know how to provide feedback without over-reacting and have no problem answering a ton of questions if that's what is needed to get the project done. Keep me up to date on a regular basis, show me some progress screenshots or allow me to test early versions on a demo server and I'll give you a great score and feedback at the end. Thanks for taking a look at my second OpenCart project.