I am looking for a programmer to get me an API implemented to PHP wrapper implemented for checking the status of couple of my clients servers.
What the script should do: Check the list of ips/websites and if down initiate an API command to DC for reboot
What I have: The prewritten api commands and php wrapper from the datacenter
What I need you to do: Script would be hosted on an independent mother machine to check the child hosts/ip's (a list of ips will be there)
1) The script ping/check the ip's one by one if live or not every predefined time say 5 minutes; if NOT it produce an API+PHP command call for reboot of server to Datacenter
2) For normal servers which is UP the check is performed in the normal interval and for the down server for which reboot request is sent; the check is performed after another
15 minutes only (this is to allow the server to boot up)
3) For failed server for which we issued reboot request via api; if it does not come online after 15 minutes; we produce a startup request and again wait for 15 minutes.
4) If server is back up; the normal checking loop would take up. Else if the server is still down; a predefined email is sent to helpdesk of datacenter with IP details and
manual reboot request along with server credentials.
5) After another 30 minutes of email is sent; the failed server is checked again. (if up; it goes to normal checking loop) and if still down another email is sent to the data
centre mentioning the server is still down even after the reboot request.
The script would pause the execution and checks the server again in predefined interval to see when it comes up. once UP; the script would switch itself to the checking loop.
(this is to avoid sending mass email to dc team).
I am sending herewith the api and wrapper the DC has provided. Please see to it if this could be implemented