Looking to add a "members only" section to my websites. Visitors would sign up to gain access to a password protected area.
1. Need to protect that folder (and its subfolders) so it cannot be accessed from outside users. (Sometimes people copy and paste a url and send it to their friends).
2. Need a small admin panel where the website owner could add and delete users. It would list all current members, and give the website owner the option to delete specific people. It would give the owner the opportunity to download the members list as a csv file for their records.
3. Need to be able to upload a csv file that has new members and their passwords.
4. The script would keep a log of which user logged in, and the date and time. This list can be accessible through the admin panel, and can also be downloaded as a csv file.
5. When the admin would add a user, that person would get a form letter saying that his account has been created, and he can now login. The email would give the user id, password (generated by the script), and the url to login.
6. Want 3 levels of membersihp access to these secured folders. Bronze, silver, gold. So, we will need some method whereby the website admin will grants some folders and some pages only to 1 of these 3 different levels. The gold membership will have access to everything. The silver to some. And the bronze to only a small portion.
7. I'm not a script developer, but I am handy with html. It would be neat if we could figure out a way where I could have each web page of the members section mention their first name here and there. Is there an easy way that I could do that with html?