Okay guys i'll be streaming flv videos from my dedicated server, but wanted to create a load balancing solution, by limiting bandwidth per user and maybe 4 vps setup on this 1 dedicated server.. So the system will seem like multiple servers when really there is only 1 server
1. The server will be connected to a 100mbps connection, With 5 ips added to the sever
2. The server specs is a (quad core phantom) with 4gb of ram..
3. The server will have (4 x 2tb hard disk)
1. maybe have the server with 4 vps accounts each with it's own ip
2. maybe mount each of the 4x 2tb hard disk, for each vps account (account 1= 2tb hard disk) (account 2= 2tb hard disk) etc..
3. have each vps account with it's own sub-domain ([url removed, login to view]) ([url removed, login to view] ([url removed, login to view]) etc..
4. Each vps has a bandwidth cap (so only allow 3mbps download cap)
5. same flv files will be located on all the (hard drives)
So when our website sends a request for the flv file, it will stream from one of the 4 vps accounts (4 subdomain sites) , that way if 1 of the vps accounts is slower it will send a request to the next available ip (subdomain site)
This isn't the exact solution, but i would need something of this nature, but need help setting it up..
Let me know your ideas..
Thanks much: Andrew