Description of the system
The main job of the system is giving advice to students in a university on what courses to take for them to be able to graduate. In simple terms, it works like an advisor in a university. It looks at the history of the student, courses finished by the student, the number of hours they have finished, and based on that it suggests the best possible route (that is courses) for the student to take.
The project should be done in three parts: -
1. First part, creation of the database. This is done using SQL Oracle. Here, the background and status of the student is found and the list of courses that the student can take.
2. Second part, creation of the rules. This should be done using a programming language called "PROLOG". It refers to Programming with Logic. Basically, a logic base is created with all the rules and functions that the system needs in order to help or advice the student on what courses to take. The verison of PROLOG that should be used is Amzi Prolog + Logic Server. This can be downloaded from [[url removed, login to view]]. There is also a guide for PROLOG commands and how to use them in this environment.
THIS SECOND PART IS MANDOTARY.
3. Third part, building of the graphical user interface. This should be done using Visual Basic.Net. Through VB, the SQL and PROLOG should be connected and displayed here.
This is a brief description of the project.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
Windows XP Operating System