My client requires a CMS website that will reach a large end user audience. The content will be non-English, presented in both traditional and simplified Chinese (chosen on the splash page). So, all functionality in the site needs to be replicated for both languages.
I am working with another vendor to get the graphics/Flash/Logos done, and these will be provided.
You do not have to worry about any type of content entry at all. This will be entirely provided/done/entered by us and the client.
You do have to make sure to have support for UTF-8 so that these languages can be displayed in all browsers. Also, the field names will be in the native language and the strings for these will also be provided so that they can be copied/pasted in the skeleton.
The functionality will include:
1. Based on information that will be provided, you will need to suggest 3-5 layout choices for components/mambots placements on home page.
2. Slicing and properly making the PSD template (which will be provided) to fit Joomla specs. Also to be consistent, any 3rd party components that are made to work with the main system (such as forums or blogs, etc.) will need to have the same look and feel.
3. Approximately 20 pages with heading/layouts that will be provided (text content to be added later).
4. Suggest and implement either component free ware or cost effective complete Forum system with complete functionality available in both languages
5. Suggest and implement either component free ware or cost effective complete Blogging system
6. User management is really crucial and even though it is built into Joomla, proper and secure implementation will be needed. Of course, only members will be allowed to post in appropriate areas (once verified). Users should be able to manage and update their own information (display fields will need customization).
7. We need the capability to ?hide? the Blogging system and the Forum system so that they can easily be activated or deactivated
8. On one page, an image will be provided that will have areas that are numbered and you will need to use css to display pop-up messages in with language while hovering over these hotpot areas.
9. A moderated multimedia upload page where registered users can upload videos/pictures/sounds, etc, with comments that will be moderated/approved before they are displayed to the public.
Personally I also like some of the newer Ajax goodies for Joomla... So obviously you can suggest these if you have experience in any..
I am looking for serious bids only, from professional companies/individuals that have done this type of customizations in the past. Knowing Chinese is not critical (but it would help if you had an understanding or a working knowledge). This is an initial design spec and subject to minor changes so we are looking for some flexibilty
Of course, please do not bid if you have less that a 9.5 rating, or if you have done less that 10 projects in the last 12 months. Good English communication skills are of the utmost importance.
This is really not a lot of work, for someone who is proficient with Joomla, since pretty much all the content is taken care of (except for field names). No serious programming is required, and several of the forum and blog solutions out there are well documented and seamlessly work with Joomla.