Our website is www.thepbstore.com. We are an online paintball store. We recently bought it and now desire to make some improvements to the site to better facilitate our customer interactions. We use a mySQL database and run Xcart Gold as our content management. The website runs on PHP. We need someone with experience with XCart. We are looking for a U.S. based company but we are willing to deal with a foreign company with significant U.S. based experience. We are looking to update the site by doing the following:
- We currently do not know how to add new pages or forms to the site. We need to be able to add informative pages to the website to provide information regarding sponsorships. The website is based on templates within the XCart interface but we don't have any idea how to use them.
- We need a way to better advertise different products within the website. See the below listed websites for examples of this.
- We want to get rid of the opening splash page. It is useless and of no value to the customer.
- We need to optimize the site to allow it to load as fast as possible while still providing adequate pictures.
- Change the viewing size of the website to 800 x 600 if you feel it is necessary.
- Add some color to the website. It needs to be more visually appealling.
- We need you to teach us how to make minor changes to the website ourselves.
Some websites to base our needs off of would be [login to view URL], [login to view URL], and www.compulsivepaintball.com. We need this project to be completed within a week or two after a designer has been selected. Do not view this project as a major overhaul. We just need some changes to be made and teaching. If you have more questions, let us know.
The PB Store
[login to view URL]