This job is for someone who is expert in AngularJS, CSS3, HTML5 and jQuery, and have some knowledge of ruby on rails and twitter-bootstrap.
I have a fully functional Item Inventory search web app, in short, it already does following:
1. User search for an item. An ajax call fetch the items from back-end service.
2. It shows items with its details.
3. The service also returns different item category user search belongs to and that is rendered in UI as well when user runs the search first time.
The app is built using AngularJS and Ruby on Rails. But this work does only involves working with AngularJS
Enhancement you need to do:
(more specific details will be provided to qualifying candidate)
1. When user enters the search term, get just item_id, item_name from a different back-end service end point (which is faster) and show those partial results to user.
2. Then make another call with json of item_ids to get details about those item and render it. This way user won't have to wait for entire result with details to render.
3. Fix CSS issues if there are any, and make item list display pretty and consistent across all browsers. Use a jQuery plugin which I provide to display item rating.
4. Persist category information which was returned by ajax request when first-time user entered the search term to search. Category information changes only if user changes the search term and runs a new search.
Your solution should be testable at my windows machine. Although this app will be deployed on a shared host.
Since this is piece of a bigger project, I expect you to write a clean, readable and testable code. And, wherever possible implement jUnit and e2e test.
If you did good on this job. You will be rehired for next batch of work on this app. Above work represent very small portion of total work needed to be done.