I am looking to establish a relationship with a Joomla developer who can complete work as needed for a new website that will be launching in the next month. The ideal candidate will be available for ongoing work on an as-needed basis. The initial job is to help me set up and develop a Joomla website for Shipwreck enthusiasts, wreck information will be added by members though logging in. Filemaker database to be used. I have basic knowledge of Joomla and web design. I have already engaged services of professional Filemaker person. I have yet to install Joomla on domain (so fresh start). I have other Joomla websites that could also do with a touch-up. Tasks for this initial job are as follows:
1. Install latest Joomla, interface Filemaker database,
2. Security - ensure website and hosting is secure from hackers, bots, web scrapers.
2. Backup -Provide a daily backup solution for the website and database.
3. Create SEF url’s -The default url’s for Joomla aren’t search engine friendly. You will need to ensure that the url’s are clean and search engine friendly.
4. Website Architecture Audit - You will need to evaluate the site from an architectural point of view to ensure that all url’s are unique and that the architecture is clean and optimized for SEO.
This job will be paid hourly as I expect scope of work to grow as I discover additional tasks that need to be completed. I anticipate adding many miscellaneous development tasks in order to get the site just right. Any responses that are simply canned form letters will be deleted. No exceptions.
The right candidate for this job must demonstrate proficient technical skills as well as great communication skills. In order to be considered for this job, please include the following:
*A brief explanation of the solutions you will use to resolve the tasks listed above.
*A time estimate for each task.
*Confirmation that you can do the job professionally and in good time. Any tire-kickers, time-wasters will not be tolerated. Ideally an Aussie/Kiwi even if costs more would be acceptable as it avoids the poor comms issues, etc!
I look forward to finding a great developer who can help me for years to come. Thank you.