Need PHP MySQL expert, preferably with experience modifying OpenBiblio. Additional skills include scripting/scraping web pages.
I previously posted this same project and did not get the response I was expecting. I really need the help and hope that someone has the necessary skills and talent to successfully complete these tasks.
I'm setting up a small library system for a nonprofit group. We need a few additional fields added to the database and adjustments to several of the the PHP pages to reflect the additional data.
Eventually, this application will be tied into their organization's member database, but for now I just need a table to populate some key pieces of data from their member database.
1. Additional table to accommodate key data from organization's member - CMBMember
Organization's member ID – primary key - CMBID
CMBID will need to be added to member table.
2. New member page - openbiblio/circ/[login to view URL]
Retrieve record from CMBMember by name or CMBID
Add additional info before saving (card number, classification, etc) in member table.
3. Update member information section with additional CMBID –
openbiblio/circ/[login to view URL]
4. Add 3 fields to bibliographic records:
* publication catalog ID
* content summary
These fields will need to be added to necessary tables and PHP pages updated
openbiblio/catalog/[login to view URL]
5. Search results should show language and content summary as well as current return results.
openbiblio/shared/[login to view URL]
6. It would be nice to also include cover art for each book/CD/DVD in serach results, but not necessary. (Right now a generic material icon appears.)
1. There are a couple of extensions I use with this software (Amazon search and Z39.50), plus I have configured the classifications and a few other categories. I can send you a MySQL dump to use after you have installed the software on your machine or you can work from my hosting site.
2. I can run the Amazon search and Z39.50 extensions from my laptop but not from my hosting site. The Z39.50 extension won't work without YAZ, and the hosting service won't install it. Not that big of a problem... I can use it locally then upload the MySQL dump on the site. But the Amazon search extension is giving a PHP error, so I'm not sure what is going on. It would be great if you could trouble shoot this and correct it. Otherwise, I will just work locally and transfer the records to site.
3. Help populating the bibliographic records. I'm hoping that you can write a script or instruct me how I can populate many of the records without having to do each one manually. The information I'm trying to pull together comes from a number of sources.
The organization I am doing this for has an excel spreadsheet from their main publisher that has the following information:
* category (not needed)
I am trying to get a more complete list from the publisher which would include ISBN numbers, descriptions, and such. But if I do not get a response, perhaps you could scrape their website for the data.
Some books and DVDs have multiple volumes assigned to the same catalogID. They will need to be split out as individual volumes for the bibliographic records.
Perhaps some other sites such as Amazon, WorldCat, Library of Congress Online Catalog, can be scraped as well.
There isn't a huge amount of materials - probably less than 500 books, CDs, and DVDs.
You do not need to give me the script. It does not need to be run more than once. I basically am just looking for you to find a way to help me populate complete records as quickly as possible.
I am hoping that you can complete the updates within a week to 10 days. I will then test everything from my hosting site and my local machine to make sure everything works as requested.
My hosting site uses MySQL 5.0.67 / PHP 5.2.
33 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình $465 cho công việc này
We possess extensive experience of developing numerous high-end websites and are highly organized and adept at meeting tight deadlines that are so common in this industry. Please see PMB for more details.