I'll need a simple, straight-forward, robust and configurable e-commerce site for a new company selling clothing. I have the following preferences and requirements, but am open to suggestions from a professional. I'm quite tool- and language-agnostic: use whatever does the job best.
I have purchased a template, and need some customization of it (colours, some placement, sizes of boxes etc.), but it's mostly a straightforward job with the template available to you.
- use open-source components
- document any changes, customizations and implementation
- make the design CSS driven as much as possible
- must be SEO friendly
- use Google Analytics across the board
- has search functionality: keyword and item specifics (search by size, item type, price etc.)
- dynamic content management backend (allows management of categories as well as individual products in categories)
- allows for one product to be in multiple categories
- integrates PayPal and Google Checkout (but feel free to pitch me a real payment processor)
- order output into email as well as a secure online database (just contact info, no payment info)
I have a domain reserved, but would like for you to pick hosting for the site and move the domain to that hosting plan. I will supply the logo and other imagery as well as some CSS, but may need a hand with the CSS bit as well to get started. I'll have mock ups of how far the design should be customized, but to give you a rough idea [url removed, login to view] is an example of how far it should be from what the default osCommerce design is. Far, but nothing too fanciful.
We're just starting up and facing a lot of other costs as well, so I can't compensate as highly as the big guys here, but if you do a good job, I'll surely use you for further maintenance and re-designs. Alternatively, if the price is too low, tell me so.