I need a simple PHP application that will do the following.
My current web site is under development but I would like users to be able to leave their email address so I can notify them when the site is live.
So basically here is what the application should be doing:
- show the page (some CSS + HTML formatting)
- text fields to enter name + email address
- CAPTCHA image to avoid robot : I have a simple technique for getting a CAPTCHA system implemented. It will take less than 30 minutes to get it implemented in PHP, so don't consider this one to be difficult.
- user submission is done through Ajax (avoid page refresh)
PHP application will then verify that the CAPTCHA image is valid, and save the information in the database. An email should be sent out to the user to indicate his address was correctly added, and there should be a link to unsubscribe. Email sent out should be both HTML + text version (multipart). The content of the mail should be configurable (probably read from 1 or files).
In addition on the registration page, it will be interesting to have a counter that show how many people did register. Counter may refresh automatically every 'X' minutes (X being configurable).
Information I would like to store on the MySQL database:
- first + last name
- email address
- registration date
- IP address used during registation
- referrer web site used to reach the page
- flag to see if the user did unsubscribe or not
This is a simple project as you can see. I will provide some CSS + HTML samples on how it will look like.
I need the project to be done quickly so please provide the amount of time you think you need to deliver the project.
At the end of the project, I will own all the source code (PHP, CSS, HTML, images, DB schema) and all associated copyrights