I want to create a social network that is very simple.
I would like it to be developed in Wordpress using WP Symposium. I think I may need the premium version to get the "following" option (this is fine).
The members will only need to be able to register and follow others and have a profile page where they can post updates to followers. There are no forums or anything else at this stage. This is a free network. No upgrades or payments at this stage but the site needs the ability to have a premium upgrade at a later date.
Users should be able to create a profile page (if they want to) where they can upload images/logos and information via a WYSIWYG editor. Sign up should be as simple as possible (just name and email required). Some members will be just "followers", some will be just the "followed" and others will be both. However, all members can have the option for both.
When users sign in, they need to land on a page like in Instagram where the icons/logos of the people they are following come up and they can click on the icon to see the profile page of the person they are following.
There needs to be push notifications when someone posts that is being followed. A message needs to come up for the new post or item that has been posted by the person who is being followed.
The main things:
- easy sign up
- profile page with logo and image upload and text/html content editor (WYSIWYG)
- must have a personal homepage after login that they are taken to. This page will have icons/images/logos of all those they are following
- search facility so they can search via keyword, category, name or postcode
- list of all members in each category with the option to follow (or a button that says if they are already being "followed")
- needs to look simple but slick. Just image/logo/icon based.
- prefer a responsive theme that will operate well on both desktop and mobile devices (can provide responsive themes).