“The more Facebook friends you have, the higher discount percentage you get from our partners”
We have a business idea for a website that provides discounts to Facebook users in exchange with allowing brands to post on their Facebook walls. The more friends a user has on Facebook, the higher discount s/he gets from our partners.
1. Members log in via Facebook and fill a form to become a website member. The form is to segregate the demographics of the website for targeted discounts offerings. Website members fall in to clusters (ex. 10-16 yrs – males see different offers than females, etc)
2. The website will eventually have a very large list of partners offering discounts in different structures (ex. Users who have 100-180 Facebook friends get 10% discount from BHS kids, users who have 181-300 Facebook friends get 15% discount from BHS kids, etc) discounts are mainly on food and clothing.
3. Partners provide discounts in exchange of Facebook posts on members’ wall where their friends can see what’s been posted on them. Partners should be able to have website admin access where they can set up posts in their account. The posts get posted automatically on a user’s Facebook wall once the user becomes a member on the website.
4. The website generates revenue by charging retainer fees to the partners. The website also makes money by designing posts for our partners. From the partner’s perspective, the more Facebook friends reach a partner gets access to, the higher discount they must offer to members in return. The trick is that not all members will utilize the discounts but posts will reach all targeted members by partners. This is a high value for partners as the advertising cost is very low in comparison to other media channels.
The website system should facilitate the following process:
1. User logs in the website via Facebook.
2. User will give the system authorization to access more information about user including number of friends on Facebook.
3. Based on the number of friends, user can see a dashboard of discounts from our partners.
4. Members can use a discount once a month only. No one can claim a discount except the member. For control purposes, when user prints a discount, their name shows up on the discount print out. User cannot accumulate discounts to the following months. If a discount is not used during a month, it cannot be transferred to be used twice the following month.
5. If a member wishes to user a discount from a list of discounts from our partners. The member may click on the partner “generate discount” or they can see the discount automatically showing next to each partner. User can print a discount or send it to their email inbox to print it later on.
6. The system will also authorise posts on members Facebook page automatically to be seen by their Facebook friends.
7. System to track users who delete posts from their Facebook wall and notify the website admin.
8. Partners will be able to create posts by accessing their accounts.
9. System will provide statistics of the following:
Exposure: how many users are website subscribers, how many discounts they printed, how many friends they have (breakdown), in total for each cluster and all members.
Tracking posts: analytics on posts, shares, likes, social reach, etc. Posts to be linked to a partner page on our website where visitors can see some information about a partner including location, contact numbers, working hours. They system will track clicks from Facebook to the partner page. Members who repeatedly remove posts, their account will be suspended.
The website is in Arabic and English. The website will start serving Jordan as a single country but will be designed to expand to other countries as well.
The website will have a strong white hat SEO plan. It will be designed as a user friendly website and social media friendly website. Other details will follow later on.