The high-level requirements of the system should entail the following functions;
1. A robust and secured web application system that will allow users to login and upload their field data, which in turn will produce reports.
2. The web application will cater for entering multiple projects, each with relevant field values to store the master record and sub records relating to each Project. Reports will be linked to the project. Each report will be printed and stored and future reference.
3. The understanding is that the system will be used within one province, however provision will be made that other provinces can be added for future growth.
4. Each project has targets and actual values. It is on these figures that reports will be generated. Reports can be detailed or summarised. Formatting will be based on a MS-WORD/MS-Excel template and the result document will be in PDF format for security reasons. Important that you can MailMerge a MS-WORD document to produce a template report. Multiple templates can be produced and uploaded.
5. Security will be limited to field workers only seeing their own registered information. Administrators (higher level users) will have access to all information. An audit history for each user will be recorded with limited view to this area.
6. Multiple Documents could be attached to each Project. The upload of documents, with strict security permission, will be set on Project level and field worker level. Documents can be opened, viewed and printed.
Full user requirements will be provided, however the above should give you the gist of the system.