A timetable system that can allow the following things:
1. A student can register to the site. Required fields are Student number - 9 numbers long, first name, last name, password(6 characters)
(then is saved in the database)
2. Once registered, student can add up to 4 module codes per semester to register. (Module details are provided in the access database, only certain modules can be added to a given semester)
3. These can then be viewed in their timetable. the time table should contain a total of 24 weeks, semester 1 (weeks 1-11), break (weeks 12 & 13 and semester 2 (13-24)
4. once a student has registered and has been added to the database they can log in using their student number and password.
5. The home page has a section to add modules to their timetable and a timetable grid view of the week Monday to Friday showing semester, and week number. The timetable will show the events.
6. Within the calendar, the individual student can view their event containing the module code, start and end time, category
7. A student can click on an event to go to a new page to view all details (in the events table) of it and can navigate back to their home page.
8. There must be an admin side who can log in and can update details of events(the day, time, room, and teachers) via the website which can automatically update the database which will update the event on the students time table.
9. On the admin side it must be possible that if a clash of time, classroom, or teacher allocation arises that a alert box must be displayed saying clash detected.
10. on the homepage there should be a 'news' section to show any updates to events relating to that student. For example is the admin changes the time of a module this will be shown here.
11. The database is easy to interpret and module details and events can be found easily.
- A module contains more than one event
- Access database contains the details
- Should be created using PHP
The fundamental idea is a student can register/login, view their timetable and check whether any details have been updated.
Ms access database provided when awarded (can be converted to sql database if needed)