I am looking for a skilled programmer, or a small team of developers, to build a brand new community based website. I am aiming for a new "web 2.0" feel. I am expecting large server loads so a server technician would also be very useful.
There are a number of things that will need to be developed for this project. Here's a list of the main functions/features:
- Statistics tracking and Analyst
- Ranking (compared to other pages within the site based on stats, ratings, activity)
- Ratings (user interaction)
- Keyword tagging
- Commenting System
- Profiles (custom profiles or default)
- Friends (similar to myspace)
- Private Messaging (inbox, outbox, saved)
- Favorite page tracking (new content alerts etc)
- Search (for content within the site)
- Forums (not extremely important right now)
- Member Sign Up
- Member Administration
- Toplists (within the site)
- Email (member signup details, new alerts, etc)
- Complex Backend system to manage just about everything in the site. (for staff).
- File Handling and Statistics tracking.
+ All this will have to be tied together and be accessible by logging into one account.
+ All must be very tight with security. We really want to prevent hackers.
Sites with similar features include: [url removed, login to view], [url removed, login to view], flickr, [url removed, login to view]
Email: gproject2 [AT] gmail [DOT] com