I need to be able to offer automatic web maintenance on my site using php. This is what I need the script to do:
1) The user sets up a web maintenance account and then adds (or gets me to add) a simple script to a web page that needs routine updates.
2) The script acts as an include file going back to that client's "maintenance page" on my server. Note that the client's site is not necessarily hosted on my server.
3) Through my site, the client fills out a form to make updates. The form allows him/her to format text, insert and upload images and other files, create and format tables, etc.
4) The client submits the form, and it changes the client's "maintenance page" on my server. Then when somebody goes to the client's site, it has the info the client provided through my site where the script is. This stays on that page (or pages) until the client changes the maintenance page through my site.
Additional Info (Added 3/2/2006 at 9:12 EST)...
Here is exactly what I need:
SCRIPT W/IN PAGE THAT NEEDS UPDATES THAT:
- is at a place that needs routine maintenance
- loads an include file from MY server (even if page that needs updates is on another server)
- the page, when viewed, changes when include page on MY server is edited.
FORM THAT LETS PEOPLE SET UP ACCOUNT:
- adds user to MySQL database
- creates include file on my server
- writes script for client to add to the page that needs maintenance.
- autoresponds account info, script, and info on how to use it to the client's e-mail.
- adds user to DB and creates new folder on my server with quota of 1 mb to store include and other files.
FORM THAT LETS PEOPLE EDIT INCLUDE PAGE:
(This form is on my web site for client to edit include. I need this area to be password protected, using the info in the MySQL database)
- automatically loads the current include page (or blank page if first time editing) in form field.
- Allows views in Design, HTML, and Preview modes.
- Fields to set page title and insert pictures.
- Field to insert "files"
- Limits space used in folder on my server
- Lets viewer import an HTML page on their computer to be the include
- Makes it easy in design view to format fonts.
- Lets client insert & edit tables (all major commands)
- buttons to insert common HTML features (horizontal rules, for instance)
- lets users add links and upload files at push of a button
- easy file manager to upload files (if user doesn't make include from scratch and copies HTML w/ pictures in it, etc)
- if user adds HTML w/ files not on server in text (i.e. "/images/pic.gif" when NO "pic.gif" here), it automatically prompts user to upload files.
- automatically upload all inserted files
- link that lets users edit/add/delete/move files and folders within their folder
- password protected form to enter area where user can edit include page, which loads that member's specific include page to edit