We have a nearly completed FTP type programme written in Microsoft Visual Basic for Windows based machines. The purpose of this program is to backup remotely data from the host machine. Built-in already is compression, encryption and remote FTP etc. However a small number of bugs do exist including an error caused by the way some version of windows hadle the uploads (i.e. is a known bug with known work arounds).
Unfortunately the original coder is no longer available so we require an alternate coder to complete.
Final project is effectively to:
1) add any small, extra features we may find necessary
2) fix existing bugs (if any)
3) provide source code alongside an installer using NullSofts (free) installer
This is a priority job so please do not waste everyones time by applying if any of the following apply to you:
1) You are not fluent in MS VB
2) You are not comfortable working with network protocols and specifically FTP
3) You cannot start work for 'x' numbher of weeks
4) You can't give this project 100% focus -> not 10 minutes a night for the next 'x' number of months!
5) You have no experience in a similar project
1) Complete and fully-functional working program(s) in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Deliverables must be in ready-to-run condition, as follows (depending on the nature of the deliverables):
a) For web sites or other server-side deliverables intended to only ever exist in one place in the Buyer's environment--Deliverables must be installed by the Seller in ready-to-run condition in the Buyer's environment.
b) For all others including desktop software or software the buyer intends to distribute: A software installation package that will install the software in ready-to-run condition on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) All deliverables will be considered "work made for hire" under U.S. Copyright law. Buyer will receive exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, GNU, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site per the coder's Seller Legal Agreement).
MS Windows 98, 2000 Pro and Server, ME, XP Pro and Home, 2003 server and IAS, SBS
Visual Basic 5/6