We are looking to commence a large scale project which allows consumers to purchase small plots of agricultural lands and grow crops on them. We will need a database and system to track all customer purchases and a web interface to display all available purchase options to them. In addition to this, we also need an interactive system which encourgages user activity. Please see further for full details on all facets needed.
We are involved in the export of organic produce, with a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, herbs etc being packaged into custom brands. We wish to sell plots of land to users so they can enter the farming field with a minimal cost, for example $50 per plot.
So the user would access our website (just a basic one needs to be created with maybe 5 explanation pages) and then select which type of land they wish to purchase. There may be 20 different types available to them, from bananas, to pineapples or tea etc. There will need to be a facility for us to add new land types in the future. We will supply a graphics picture of each crop, so you will just need to concentrate on the text layout here.
The user will need to sign up for an account to purchase the land/crop and pay for it via credit card/paypal. So a signup screen or 2 will be needed. The account section will then consist of the following facets:
1. Balances section
Once the user purchases the land, they will be required to pay ongoing fees for the crop maintenance, and be paid profits once the crop is harvested. So their account will need to have a $ balance attached to it, and also a transaction list. There will also need to be a withdraw button for when they wish to make a withdrawal, and their bank/paypal details will need to be entered and saved into the system.
Please be aware that users will be able to purchase multiple land plots, so the balance section will need to be able to handle this.
2. Messages section
There should also be a messages section of their account, where we can send them email updates, such as when fees are due, or they get a crop payout, and also for general updates.
3. Awards section
We will be encouraging user participation (see the next section for aspects) and users will receive participation points or awards for doing different things. The awards section will have up to 10 categories, and users can achieve up to 5 levels in each. So think of a basic page with 5 stars for each category, and then they become highlighted as the user achieves them.
We will also pay the user more for their crops with each of the 5 (5x10) awards they achieve. Each one will give the user and extra 1% on their crop sales, so this needs to be worked in with the accounts payment section.
4. User interaction
As mentioned above, the user will be awarded for interaction and achieving certain levels. The 10 categories will be mentioned below, but first I will explain the 5 levels within each category.
One category will be the user having a variety of crops. So the 5 levels may be as follows:
1 star - Own 2 unique crops
2 stars - Own 5 unique crops
3 stars - Own 10 unique crops
4 stars - Own 15 unique crops
5 stars - Own 25 unique crops
The 10 categories have not been firmly fixed as yet, but they may be something similar to:
1. Varieties of crops owned (as above)
2. Total number of land plots owned
3. Number of our product purchases (the user would purchase promotional products and then enter a barcode as proof - this would need another tab or interface)
4. Number of friends referred (there would need to be a system to track this)
5. Community involvement (users would be able to make donations to the communities where our farmers live - this would need another tab or interface)
6. Number of real-life visits to our farms (we would need to update this ourselves so there would need to be an internal feature for this)
7. Number of bare lands purchased (similar to 2 above, except the land wont already have a crop on it and planting will be needed)
8. Carbon footprint levels (we will have an internal algorithm and each crop type gives a certain number of points towards each star)
9. Facebook activity (we will have a standalone facebook app where users can display their crops, and they will be rewarded for activity there)
10. Game challenges (We will have 5 small and simple challenge games where users will gain stars for completing them. These will be purchased and will need to be installed. Most likely to be simple flash games)
While the users are on the website, they should have one panel on the right which displays our products for sale. Basically this is an advertising box. This should display to the user certain products depending on which country they select, since we have different products available in different countries. In addition to this, there should be a request product button, where they can click through to an information screen where there are details on how they can get their local shops to stock our products.
Please ask if you needed anything clarified. We are seeking a complete solution and assume we will need a dedicated server to host this. Please advise your fees, potential server requirements and fees, estimated build timeframe, experience in designing similar programs and apps, and other other relevant information. We will obviously be needing something very secure and our user data must be kept safe and free from being hacked or lost. Please advise on what steps we need to take regarding this and if you can assist in that side of things as well.
* * *This broadcast message was sent to all bidders on Thursday Jan 20, 2011 9:35:06 AM:
This project has now been updated. Please read the detailed requirements section, and update your bids accordingly. Thanks.