I'm looking for a great programmer who can make a specially designed windows-application with a specific compensation in exchange. Which language the application's gonna be written in is of less importance, most significant would be to see an app which is very stable and nice on the memory, at the same time very functional.
I'm looking for a programming enviroment to put on my desktop, that reminds a little of Notepad.
1. The application should have a design that does not follow Windows visuals in general. Should also have a defined position on the desktop as well as a defined size. This should handle much like XP handles windowsettings. You place the application somewhere and you make a specific size to it, then it remembers it next time you start it up. The application should stay fixed on the desktop in a specific position where it can be used instantly without having to move it around or so. You should further be able to go from this position to another position and size which also can be defined and saved as a windowsetting to remember it. Just by pressing a button in the titlebar. Two different windowsettings that is. I was imagine it to stay at the desktop as a box or so, just so it doesn't look like it's floating above the background image, but more likely should look like it's part of the whole background. Another thing to desire is that the application should not reset to default windowsetting upon shutdown. I should see the application in the poition and size I left it, next time I open it up, minimized state included.
2. The program should remind of Notepad in that way you can write text in, maybe a presence of a chartable with different sets of chars which could be reached by a single mouse-click or by making a choice in a menu could be useful, and you should be able to save in all major formats, i.e txt and htm for html-coding. The application has to have support for different fileformats, codings etc.
3. The application has to have a setting for setting the transparency of the work area of the application. You should be able to set the amount of transparency too.
4. You should also be able to set the color and fontsetting for the text you type in the working area. The text should be affected by the transparency setting too.
5. There are two pictures attached to this project so take a look at them. Read the textfile in the zip-archive.
1) Complete and fully-functional working program in executable form as well as complete source code of all work done.
2) Installation package that will install the software (in ready-to-run condition) on the platform(s) specified in this bid request.
3) Exclusive and complete copyrights to all work purchased. (No GPL, 3rd party components, etc. unless all copyright ramifications are explained AND AGREED TO by the buyer on the site).
Addition to the description. The application has to respond to different keyboard short commands such as CTRL + S, CTRL + C and CTRL + V, just for naming the ones with most significance and for naming the most frequantly used ones. Also, the looks of the application has to differ as little as possible from the pictures. May differ slightly but not much. It has to have that white 1 pixel wide border around it and it has to be black. Only the area where the text is going to be placed or written is gonna be affected by the transparency setting, as well as the text along with it.
Important is that you save the project so that you can make changes to it if I have comments or corrections later on. Then you could make those changes if needed. More compensation could then be managed for those adjustments.
Windows XP foremost, no other platforms are necessary.