The goal of the project is to build an extension to the Mediawiki software which will select and reformat articles from an existing Mediawiki website for export to a new Mediawiki website. See the attached specifications for more details.
Qualifications for a Good Candidate:
• Has strong skills for Mediawiki development (XML, PHP, MySQL, etc.)
• Is able to communicate effectively in English.
• Is resourceful and efficient. For example, you can quickly learn about Mediawiki and learn from the “open source” community for development information and resources (see link below under “Supporting Information”).
• Has a good computer for development and fast internet connection.
• Works well with other people.
• Is dependable and honest.
Qualifications for an Excellent Candidate:
• Has excellent experience developing wikis and specifically Mediawiki. Knows how to work with the MediaWiki (Wikipedia) data files (see link below).
• Is located in or near Kyiv, Ukraine (not required, but a big plus).
• For information about Wikipedia, see [url removed, login to view]
• For information about the Mediawiki software, see [url removed, login to view]
• Support for Mediawiki users and developers can be found at [url removed, login to view]
• Examples of data used in the first project can be found at [url removed, login to view]
• Other related and new projects are planned after this project which may be available for the correct candidate.