Design and build a site that tracks free legal music online. The user interface should be similar to [url removed, login to view] - simple clean text-based ajax front end. The main features are:
* the main information on the site are urls of pages where free music can be legally downloaded (like band giving away songs etc.)
* each url can be tagged with at least the name of the band, genre, and other relevant information
* system should crawl the url and save info about the audio files being linked from it, and try to retrieve data about them (for example through mp3 tags) so it can automatically add names of tracks, album etc. to the url tags
* user can search for artists, songs, albums and keywords (tags) so that a list is displayed when there are relevant results, and a selected url from the list is then displayed in an iframe next to the list
* normal search/browse is free for all users
* users can register with email confirmation
* registered users can have premium services: notification when music gets added or updated by favorite artists, automatic playlist generation from an artist, send suggestions to friends by email or on the website, etc.
* system checks daily to see if url is still valid and if the same audio files are still being linked. if there are changes notify registered people who are following this artist
* all users can add to the database by submitting url locations with music links and tag them with band name etc.
* generate rss feeds from band name or tag
* see who else is following a particular artist, and see what artists other registered users are following
* 10 newest/most popular/most recently accessed lists
Site will be on Linux/apache/mysql/php platform.