I am creating a new website for a Real Estate agent in Australia. The client currently uploads new property listings to an online service which then exports out to a number of other companies who then add the listed property to their own websites. This is achieved using REAXML.
An appropriate WordPress theme has already been selected, however I am happy to negotiate a new theme IF the successful Freelance Bidder believes it would be more efficient to create a theme to match the required plugin.
My requirement: I require an XML Parser that can read over an XML file which will be uploaded to the webserver via FTP on an hourly basis. The plugin will need to extract the necessary information from the file and add a custom post type into the WordPress database. The company providing the XML file has provided the below information on working with their files:
--- Beginning of their E-mail ---
"We provide a service called XML Feed where we send you XML files hourly of properties that have been updated in that last hour. The XML files are in REAXML format and are FTP'd to your server. From there it's up to you to parse the data and store it in a database, then make the frontend call your database to get the information and display it on the site.
You will also need to download the image files and host them on your servers. This benefits both parties as you will have no reliance on our servers being up for the website to stay functional, and we will not receive any increased load or bandwidth. Using the modtime you can tell if the image needs to be re-downloaded if updated, to again save us both bandwidth. Hotlinking images is discouraged and will result in the feed being disabled until resolved.
It can be quite a lengthy setup as there are no pre-written scripts for you but once the hard work is done it should be very easy for you to add further clients.
I have attached a file to this email for you: (I have attached this file to this Freelance listing for your perusal)
1) XML Feed Web Developer Documentation
You can find more details on REAXML (industry standard) here: [url removed, login to view] and an example XML file here: [url removed, login to view]
A few notes on the XML Feed:
* Multiple files can come in per hour, they should be processed in order based on their timestamp
* This is an incremental feed which means after the initial flush of properties, each new file will be updates that are to be applied to the existing data collection
* Each office that has a feed to you will be sent to the same ftp server in the same folder
* It is recommended that you generate processing logs as you are the data source for the website/product, you will become the first port of call for support/faults
* An example filename is: [url removed, login to view] which contains our "commaus" identifier, "2012-03-06_12-16-02" a timestamp and "2352" an auto-incrementing number
* Until the XML Feed is set up with an office, we cannot send any live data out to you. However you can still test with Sample Files on the [url removed, login to view] website."
--- End of their E-mail ---
Please advise on cost for such a plugin to be developed.
29 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình $675 cho công việc này
Hello, We are Russian-Canadian web development company which has good experience with WordPress. You can check our recent projects on our website [url removed, login to view]