I need a Ruby program that will get sports betting odds from 3 different bookmakers sites using their API’s and output a .csv file that lists all the events and bet types and the odds that each bookmaker is offering.
• It must be written in Ruby – you are able to use other languages (such as PHP) if required. However, you must use Ruby where it is possible to do so, and the application that will run to create the .csv file must be done in Ruby (and call/execute code in other languages if they are required).
• The data from the 3 different sites must be first read into the ruby program and held in an array/s and related/joined together using logic you need to define, so that the eventual .CSV file output will be structured containing 1 row per event/bet type with the columns showing the various odds and depth of markets from the different bookmakers.
• The code must be able to accept parameters to filter the data being acquired from the betting sites (such as by event date, sport, competition, country, bet type, etc)
• You will be given guidelines of how the code is expected to be structured.
• All code must be commented to a high standard.
• For the betting exchanges (Betfair and BETDAQ) the details for the odds on offer will include the full market depth for both backing and laying.
• It must be fast - i.e. able to take in the data and produce the output spreadsheet for thousands of events in under 5 seconds.
• You must be able to create and test the code using your own betting accounts (I will not provide you details for a login to use on these websites).
• You must provide instructions for me to be able to deploy and run the code on my own machine (Windows 7 64 bit).
• The three 3 different betting websites are Betfair, BETDAQ and Pinnacle (details on API’s can be found here:
Betfair - [url removed, login to view]
BETDAQ - [url removed, login to view]
Pinnalce - [url removed, login to view]
If any of the specific points are going to be an issue for you please specify this (and why) in your bid.