This project produces both a front and back-end for a gallery that includes a rating engine. The ratings will be calculated with an algorithm that is resistant to spam, using various algorithms to detect and ignore abuse of the rating system.
* All data is stored in XML or text files
* Filtering by tags
* Sorting by fields, and choice of ordering
* Display selectable items at a time
* Each item has thumbnail and description fields
* Users can vote on ratings by clicking a star
* Ratings are an aggregate of votes, using a algorithm (see below)
* Click thumbnail to show enlarged image
* Pagination includes mouseover effects to choose a page
* Previous and next buttons also navigate
* Also users can jump to a page.
* Backend to browse, add, remove, and edit items and ratings
The design is complete (see attached). We will provide widgets as class files. Users can be signed-in, signed-out, or admin user. We have existing user authentication system. You will store votes separately for each type of user. A rating score will be either calculated based on votes, or will be overridden by the administrator.
The header and footer will be SWF. The main body will be HTML, updated via ajax. The backend will be PHP. Data on items will be stored in PHP, and votes will be aggregated in simple text files, and processed by PHP, Perl or python script.
The attached image is a sample mockup.