We have a number of mobile internet (wap/wml/xhtml) sites that require development and hosting services.
The first of them is attached as wireframe.
The successful bidder would ideally be capable of developing the sites we require, and provide a hosted production environment with the appropriate User Agent profiling solution. We would consider a partnership between more than one bidder if each is capable of just one of these activities, and merge the services.
With regard to the hosted production environment, we will need to understand a lot more about your capabilities, and production platform in particular:
1. can you describe the server setup, specifically with regard to load-balancing, and network reliability?
2. what is the largest level of traffic, under which your servers have been dependable (and the period over which the strain was taken)?
3. same question, but with regard to network
4. can you descibe your UserAgent recognition and DeviceMatching capability? If you rely on WURFL, do you also use UAProf/OMA data? How do you test this data for accuracy of device spec, and how do you maintain freshness of data with regard to
current/future device releases? How many devices do you hold in your records?
5. hard device testing? What device base do you have at hand?
6. which SMSc and billing providers do you have in place - both for premium delivery, and free wap push? Have you ever suffered capacity bottleneck with any of them? Any payment disputes?
7. do you make use of .xhtml for the relevant device base? If so, please describe how you identify and parse relevant versions to devices
8. what is your programming capability, and what is the platform environment - .NET, LAMP?
9. how many members of your team are involved with development and programming?