WP Booking calendar plugin customization for a Car Club sharing reservation system.
Dự án này đã nhận được 19 lượt đặt giá từ các freelancer tài năng với mức đặt giá trung bình là €200 EUR.Nhận tin báo giá cho dự án tương tự
Ngân sách dự án€30 - €250 EUR
Tổng đặt giá19
Mô tả dự án
We are using WP Booking Calendar Business Medium Edition by Abookin ([url removed, login to view]) to run the reservations for our business.
We are operating a Car Club ([url removed, login to view]). We own cars and make them available to drive to paying Members of the Club. The members pay a yearly membership fee and in exchange they receive points. The points are the currency on which the reservations for the cars are based. They book the cars by
In the plugin I have configured each car as a separate resource. Each resource has its availability calendar defined and a pricing in points per day. We have different pricing for summer (22 April to 21 October) and winter (22 October to 21 April) seasons. Also the pricing varies for week-days (Monday to Friday) and week-end days (Saturday and Sunday). The pricing structure is well defined within the plugin Booking Calendar. No need for customization there.
I would like to have the plugin's code modified to take into account the particularities of my booking structure:
We invoice a daily point fee which is valid for 24 hours of usage of the car. Even if our members take the cars less than 24 hours the fee is fixed at minimum 24 hours. If they take it several days then each started 24 hours is to be taken into account.
They can pick-up and drop-off cars during our opening hours which go from 10:00AM to 8:00PM.
The plugin out of the box works fine as long as the adjacent days have the same rates. Problems start when bookings span over week-days and week-ends where rates are different. For example: Currently if a member reserves a car on Sunday 7PM and brings it back on Monday 7PM the system will charge the Sunday fee for the 24 hours. However it should charge the Monday fee. Similarly, if a member books a car on Friday at 10:00AM and returns it on Saturday 10:00AM the current system charges the Saturday fee. It should charge the Friday fee. It seems the system always charges the highest fee.
This is the part I need to get fine-tuned.
Here are the rules that I defined to which the booking plugin must abide to:
1. Our opening hours are Tuesday to Sunday from 10AM to 8PM. Cars can only be picked-up and dropped-off during these times.
2. Bookings are charged per day basis. Not by the hour.
3. Grace period each day 1 hour before closing the Club and 1 hour after opening (from 7PM to 8PM and from 10AM to 11AM). In this period cars can be picked up and dropped off without incurring the fee of the day. If picked-up before 7PM or dropped-off after 11AM the daily charge of that day will apply. For example: If a car is picked up on Friday at 7PM and brought back the next day Saturday at 12AM the fee will be the daily saturday fee. If a car is picked-up on Sunday 7PM and returned on Tuesday 10AM, only Monday counts. If it is returned at 11AM or later then Monday and Tuesday count.
4. Exceptions to be thought of: If a member picks up a car within the grace period and brings it back within the grace period the next day he should be charged the daily fee of the day he picked it up. This to avoid that he takes the car after 7:00PM and brings it back before 11:00 the next day without incurring any charges.
I already know the php file of the plugin that calculates the cost for each booking. I also have a VBA basis of what a possible solution could look like. It needs to be translated into wordpress php and integrated to the plugin. I expect this to be a relatively simple and quick job for an experienced programmer.
Muốn kiếm tiến?
- Hạn định ngân sách và khung thời gian
- Mô tả đề xuất của bạn
- Nhận thanh toán cho công việc của bạn
Thuê những Freelancer đã đặt giá trong dự án này
Bạn đang tìm việc làm?
Làm việc cho những dự án như dự án này và kiếm tiền tại nhà!Đăng ký ngay
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online