Hello! Our agency is growing and looking for talent on a regular basis.
We are all distributed across the US+Canada, as are our clients.
We offer full service to our customers: meaning from start to end, so marketing through design to coding, security, hosting and more.
We're looking for one or more Wordpress freelancers who have experience working from home, [Removed for encouraging offsite communication which is against our Terms and Conditions.]
while they work to stay connected and are good at self managing themselves, letting us know their availability [changes] and turning around assigned tasks within mutually agreed upon [agreeable] time-frames.
You should be a native / fluent English speaker. You also need a working webcam for meetings. Human interactions are important to us.
We're looking most urgently for the following skill sets - not everything here is essential, but the more notes you hit - the better:
- Wordpress site building
- Knowledgeable in Wordpress plugins [can compare and make recommendations]
- Wordpress theming [editing premades and building from scratch or on a framework]
- Design sensibility - so not necessarily a designer, but you can work with say a premade theme to make it look agreeable
- Front end skills - you can fix errors in css, check browsers, match pixels to a design; if needed
- GIT workflow - you can pull code, merge, commit and push back without hestiation
- Deployment 101 - you know enough about servers to deploy Wordpress between a stage and live site without sweating that the live site will go down forever
Bonus skills: we're small and lean and value lots of hats. Make sure we know if you can also:
- Know Wordfence plugin well = virus scans, virus cleans, protecting wordpress sites
- Write custom Wordpress plugins
- Can write mySQL queries in PHP and build up custom tables in Wordpress
- Can sysadmin, LAMP stack skills, AWS
- Know other CMSs like Drupal, Shopify, Redmine
- Know other languages like Ruby on Rails, AngularJS
- Design / illustrate
- Project Manage
- Marketing skills [SEO, SEM, adwords others]