We are seeking someone who can develop an advanced, full-featured audio player for a website using JPlayer (mp3) that is similar to SoundCloud and others (but better).
The main view of the player will be an audio wave image (in stereo with mono, L/R options) for the selected track. As the track plays, visible progress should be displayed against this wave image.
The main features are:
1. Play, Pause, and Stop buttons (or single button)
2. Fast forward and rewind buttons - i.e. play the audio at 2x, 4x speed etc.
3. Volume and mute controls
4. Buttons to select stereo, mono, left or right channel view of the audio wave image in the player window
5. When playing, the audio stream which is buffered will be visible (i.e. show how much of the file has been downloaded); and
6. The tracks progress should be easily visible (e.g. change of color of the wave image as playback progresses)
7. Current position (min:sec) should be visible as the track plays for easy reference
8. Loop and Trim features - setting left and right markers and clicking 'loop play' repeats the track playback between the markers
9. Clicking anywhere on the wave image starts playback at that position
10. Track comments - allow users to add, edit, view, and delete comments at specific times on the track. Shows small user icon where comments are located. Also requires permissions as only members will be able to leave comments, but non-members may view comments.
Most features listed above should be optional, so can be set to being on or off when setting up the player.
The player size will likely be about 800px width as standard, but it should be flexible and scaleable based on the size of the provided wave image as it may be used in different places on the site.
The player design should also be mobile friendly. Visual presentation is critical - the player should look 'awesome'. CSS should be used for the styling so that we can make style changes easily.
All coding should be clean, professional (use best practices), and clearly commented for easy maintenance. Reliability of the player is critical. Adding it to the site should pretty much be plug-and-play and not overly complex.
Again, the development should be done in a way that is flexible and robust so that further features can be added in future.