*** Please first read carefully the description before getting in contact ***
We are currently 3 persons including the project manager and we have set our eyes on deploying some of our strategies on many different assets classes and at different time scales but still within short term trading sphere , hence we are interested in building a powerful framework starting from building a convenient large database which will be accessed via server /may be on cloud we have not decided yet , up to and including post-trade data storage and analysis.
Here are the questions which I hope you can help resolve efficiently.
1) First we want to build an influxDB with Grifana as representation tool in which we can store huge amounts of streaming data mainly of orderbook type with up to 10 market depth/levels entries included , with other types of data streams are expected as well such as news articles and social media type of data.
2) Later we want to be able to make sure that any related network problems are taken care of and the overall system /DB is optimized for speed of retrieval such of datasets.
3) Equally important we want to know what would be the best streaming API will be ideal in such situation websocket api versus FIX API versus REST API.
4) As we are interested in deploying some of our capital within HFT sphere, we would like to know from you how feasible to build such system which is optimized for speed and low latency and can you provide a user case within your previous experiences in building such systems with average performance statistics if possible.
5) As a side note our models are written in Python but could be translated in to C # if needed.
Looking forward to hearing from you very soon.