My client is developing an ecommerce website. It is based on something simliar to amazon, but selling only local, sustainable, 'green' products. It will incorporate stock items, 3rd party vendors and drop-shipping.
I am considering using Shopify as the engine, though am open to suggestions. The first phase will be dual language, single location [i.e. selling to a single country, but with two language options]. However, the website will be scaled to include multiple countries and languages at a later date. the ToR for phase 1 is:
1) Client will choose a template, either from Shopify or an alternative. the Freelancer should advise on the most suitable engine for performing the requirements of needs of Client
2) Website will require the freelancer to build a shopping cart with products in stock (less than 50 items to begin - eventual handover to client admin staff for self-management will occur)
3) Website will allow third-party to vendors to upload their own products to the site - with verification from site admin required before the product goes live
3) Website will need to include several payment methods including Visa, paypal plus some local options (bank transfer, COD, localbank app integration)
4) The template will require modification. Each product posted will have a series of icons next to it to indicate the type of product (e.g. local, recyclable, organis etc.)
5) Website will need to include articles and a blog
6) Website will require FB integration
7) Website needs to be bilingual
8) Website needs the ability to be easily scalable. It will be franchised, with one countries website following the same priciples, but essentially being a stand alone website (the Thai website will have the same look and feel as the Mexican website - but it will be managed separately) - the job here is to produce the first website, but this needs to be thought about at this design stage.
9) Dropshipping integration needs to be available
10) Various shipping options and associated costs will be available
THIS PROJECT WILL NOT START UNTIL OCTOBER - AT THIS STAGE I AM SEEKING ESTIMATED COSTS AND TAKING TIME TO FIND THE RIGHT FREELANCER. THIS WILL BE A LONG TERM JOB. PLEASE INDICATE COSTS FOR THE FIRST ROUND OF DEVELOPMENT LISTED ABOVE PLUS HOURLY RATE FOR FUTURE WORK.