Full Stack (Ideally with some basic front end responsive web experience)
You will be working with Hybrid Capital, an early stage innovation investment firm that launches and tests new product ideas in the marketplace. The projects you will be working on will vary from applications rating entertainment and accommodation experiences to social streaming and digital health. Additional summary details for the types of projects are listed below in the “Phase 2” section.
Roles & Responsibilities
1. Must be solid in database architecture, ideally using widely used platforms such as MongoDB
2. Experience integrating payment platforms into responsive web applications including Stripe, PayPal,
3. Experience setting up and managing AWS
4. Experience working and integrating with the social platforms for connecting accounts and utilizing
special graph / user permissions (specifically with Facebook and LinkedIn)
5. Experience with optimizing large files / throughput such as streaming video and image sharing
6. Some experience with machine learning applications is ideal, or at least a good understanding of the
concept / framework
7. Some experience writing data capture and normalization scripts
Some of the APIs / Plugins we will be using across projects. FourSquare, Yelp, Google Location, Apple, Facebook Connect, Linkedin Connect, Twitter Connect
Nice to have
1. Ideally experience working with Shopify or other ecommerce SaaS platforms
2. We would rather have someone very solid in the back end with the ability to do the initial coding on the
web pages as we have someone else that can handle the final CSS elements to ensure proper functionality / view across screen sizes.
1. Great at communication and never afraid to say I don’t know or I need help
2. Ready to tackle any challenge, someone that likes big challenges and isn’t intimidated by them
1. Market comparable compensation +
2. Equity and profit sharing. You will receive shares in each project you work on that come along with
profit sharing, IE if you have shares equal to 1% of a project and profit sharing begins you receive 1% of the distributed profits. If the company is purchased you will receive a bonus in the amount of 1%.
Selection process Phase 1
1. Provide links to at least 2 projects you worked on related to the job description above
2. Describe your specific role in those projects from start to finish.
3. How long did each project take from start to finish?
4. Provide at least one reference (team member or client) for each project, who you worked for. This
reference will be checked.
5. Briefly describe your desired role, such as team lead managing a team of engineers and designers or, I just want to code. What do you want to do on a day to day basis and what do you dislike doing? Be honest, there’s no wrong answer. This helps understand how to make you successful and happy.
6. Give a quick weight for each of the skills in “Roles & Responsibilities” and “Nice to have” above from 1 to 10 with 10 being the strongest
In phase 2 you will be asked to choose any 2 of our projects. Each project will include a summary of the project goals all necessary documents including functional specifications or design including the deliverable for this test. You can choose any of the projects you’d like with a minimum of 2. You will be compensated fair market value for this phase.
Here is a short list of the projects, by name only. Explanations are not included yet as the details of each project include proprietary information and will only be provided to those that are asked to participate in this phase. The deliverables will range, mostly focused on providing a summary plan of action and time estimate for completion of the presented plan. Again, you can choose any two of the projects provided and you will be compensated for both.
1. 1st Degree. A subscription service for consumers that includes a responsive web application and automated emai