The position requires a lot of attention to detail and a strong technical expertise. You’ll join a team of very talented developers working in an amazing atmosphere and a very multi-cultural environment. The position is open to full time remote developers.
* Expertise in Ruby on Rails at its best, through proven track record of several years of experience
* Real passion, interest and many years of experience in working with technologies like Postgresql & Redis
* Interest in working with asynchronous web services
* Enthusiasm for beautiful, pragmatic code and an eye for simplicity
* Write meaningful tests to ensure confidence in the code base
* Experience with RVG and ImageMagick a big plus
* Motivation, talent and endless spirit
* Ability to integrate into a symbiotic team of young and highly motivated people
* Must be familiar with startup life and willing to contribute long hours
* Effective oral and written English communication skills
* 3+ years experience in Ruby on Rails development
* A CS degree, or a strong software engineering foundation demonstrated in other ways
* HTML5, CSS, JS fluency
* Know how the web works under the hood. TCP, HTTP, DNS, IP, caches, etc.
* Experience in a front-end framework like Ember, Angular, React or Elm
* Experience writing tests and refactoring. We use Rspec and Capybara.
* Must be very comfortable with Git and version-control. Experience solving complex merging conflicts.
* Strong knowledge of SQL in general and PostgreSQL in particular
Bonus Points for experience with:
* UI/UX design skills
* Implementing HTML5/SASS from PSD designs.
* Hosting apps in Heroku, monitoring and scaling them up/down.
* Pivotal Tracker
* Working on a remote team
* Implementing a custom Ruby CMS
* Implementing a SaaS application or with subscription-based businesses generally
* A/B testing and conversion optimization, particularly tools such as Optimizely or Unbounce
* Implementing and/or measuring KPIs for SaaS, such as churn, LTV, and event-based analytics, particularly tools such as Mixpanel or Kissmetrics
* Implementing user-visible dashboards, graphing data and showing stats/analytics in