We have an existing Laravel command-line application which requires some updates.
The application works heavily and directly with all SQL databases (including MySQL, Postgres, SQLite & MSSQL) and mainly revolves around analysing & manipulating database schema and data.
Project budget is 250 GBP.
We require one developer with the followng experience:
- Writing automated database tests with PHPUnit across MySQL, Postgres, SQLite & MSSQL databases
- Fixing defects & writing new features in both the latest PHP 7.x code, as well as ensuring the code is backwards PHP compatible to PHP 5.x
- Using continuous integration (CI) tools like Travis CI
- Using virtualization tools like Docker
- A high international standard of written English to write and update technical documentation in Markdown format
- Experience developing command line applications & tooling tools for Windows, Mac and Linux
- Experience in tuning databases for maximum performance
- Expert level of usage with Git version control & experience with a rebase branching & merging strategy
List of issues we want to tackle first, in order of priority are:
- Get the database test system with PHPUnit up and running so we can write database tests with fixtures
- Start looking into the defects being raised on the project, which I can provide a list of separately, and see if a failing test can be written for this and then get this failing test to pass by modifying the code
- There are some open PRs on the project which address some issues, so these can be seen if they fix the failing test or not. If not, the PR should be declined and then code written to fix the issue
- Once all the issues on the project have been addressed and working with our CI environment (Travis CI), we wish to start working on expanding the functionality to work with other DBs other than MySQL
35 freelancer đang chào giá trung bình £549 cho công việc này
Hey, Your job posting has caught my attention and I am keenly considering your job post. I have excellent experience in Mentioned skills. Looking Forward to hear you ...