This is a repost of a project that was completed in 2006. The isp replaced the server that it was located on and the newer version of the server OS was not compatible with our site software resulting in Me having to recreate this system. The previous site was asp/.NET utilizing [url removed, login to view] for dynamic pdf creation.
We are a small company and currently have a working web site application. We would like to implement an upgrade to this custom application.
The system is based on ABCpdf by Web Supergoo (we purchased a license) and works well: [url removed, login to view]
ABCpdf .NET is a .NET Native product encapsulated in an easy-to-deploy set of DLLs. It also offers a virtualized COM interface designed for backward compatibility with ABCpdf ASP and Classic ASP/COM.
Issues with current site User Interface Side:
1) The web template is not well designed and because of the graphics content is slow and clumsy.
2) The user interface once logged is very slow (again because of the graphics)
3) We want a simpler and faster method of drilling down to select documents.
4) New features wanted:
A) We want to be able to create a custom cover page by filling in some boxes and generating the page to become the 1st page of the combined pdf.
B) Add headers and footers to and individual page of a document or to the entire document. This should be the users choice.
All other functionality should remain the same. Currently it is in a .net format.
Issues with current site Administrators Interface Side:
1) The way it works is difficult and confusing. IT NEEDS TO BE SIMPLIFIED OR MORE LOGICAL.
2) The system is based on templates but it is difficult to map items when they are uploaded so the links work together.
Demos of how the site works can be arranged.