We need someone who can write a simple mail handler that receives all new messages delivered to an SMTP server (e.g. ideally your code would connect to a gmail or other account through POP or IMAP, catch new messages as they come in, and process the relevant ones) and decodes the messages and header information (e.g. "from" information and message body) into variables in a way that can be easily inserted into a MySQL database.
Ideally the code for this would be written in PHP and able to operate cross-platform (especially: Windows and Linux) but we are open to other languages if there is a strong enough reason to do it.
The main features are something like:
1. Run a main loop to continuously monitor the inbox / receive new messages.
2. Identify each unique incoming message as a variable that we could manually process if we wanted.
3. [Separate Function] Parse the message of the form described in #2 to look for and break out some key elements, such as:
(a) If the sender is an allowable sender, based on an array list of addresses.
(b) If the message was written in reply to another message (based on if the prior message is in the body text)
(c) Strings in the new message content
4. If certain criteria is met relating to #3, then call a separate function that generates MySQL code to insert something into a database.
The most important part is that the loop be efficient at processing (potentially many) incoming messages, and we would like that at least the few major parts of the code (i.e. in #3 and #4) be broken out into functions that we can easily modify later.
* Total project budget is up to $1,500 with room to flex depending on features.
* We hope to complete the project by November 9th and are happy to pay in milestones. It is expected that the code itself will only take < 10-20 hrs, but there could be some time for discussion.
* We will pay in milestones.
* We would like to find a developer who we can use for other tasks over the next few months where the budget may be substantially higher.
Experience with AWS RDS is helpful but at all necessary.
12 freelancer chào giá trung bình $22/giờ cho công việc này
Hi there! I read your project of PHP Jobs -- 2 I am in top freelancers and can do this in professional way! I will use PHP Software Architecture Apache MySQL WAITING FOR YOU IN CHAT BOX Best: AQEEL
Hi, I can develop a codebase in PHP (or in AWS serverless architecture using Node.js, I have some idea) to extract incoming emails and store in MySQL (AWS RDS). Let me know if you are interested. then we can discuss.