I am a volunteer who is trying to collect and archive reports from a warzone. For this reason, I am trying to build a website called "Public reporting". The website will allow members of the public to use their computers or phone to post reports on accidents, crimes, and other activities. The following futures should be implemented.
--- Public Source: These are normal people who are stranded in a warzone and they notice crimes. They should be able to utilize to use basic information to send reports. Their reportings are either published for public view or authorities only based on their selection, or assignment by the website moderator. Each report gets a rating of accuracy or rated by moderators for accuracy; once a member gets enough accurate reports they become a reliable source or they get assigned as a reliable source by the admin which in turn will be reflected next to their posts.
--- Organizations or Agencies: These are authorities who are registered and confirmed as authorized accounts to view both publicly viewable posts as well as private reports.
--- Administrator: Admin and Moderators.
The site should have the following futures:
- Show new posts on top. Allow sorting of posts. Search through posts based on keywords or dates.
- Publicly available posts are viewable by the public and private posts are only allowed to be seen by authorized accounts.
- Allow Text, Image, and video posts. As well as embedded videos from youtube, Facebook and other sites.
- Allow comment and discussions under each post (Facebook accounts / or Registered accounts)
- Allow rate accuracy and reliability of each report. Allow sharing and adding to the archival list for registered Authorities accounts.
--- Frontpage will have a list of countries added to the site and users can click on a country to see reports as they're posted.
The site should have a similar future as [login to view URL]
I am open to suggestions, but I think this can be achieved on WordPress easily. If you want to recommend another platform please feel free to share.