Magnet Co is a distributed team of software developers. We are very proud of the work we do and the code we write. For more information visit https://magnet.co.
One of our primary areas of focus is helping shape the future of education technology and we have several important clients in this space.
We are currently seeking a senior PHP developer on-site in Santa Monica to work with our agile teams on a contract-to-hire basis.
The developer will help identify requirements, formulate elegant and scalable software designs, develop high-quality software solutions, and work with QA and DevOps teams to test and promote code from test environments into production using PHP, SQL, Cassandra, Terraform, Devops (Docker) plus other emergent and robust technologies. This is challenging and important work on education software used across the country.
• Fluent in PHP and core concepts
• Experience building scalable, high performing services in a distributed systems environment with complex APIs
• Solid grasp of application security and the Linux command line
• Experience with a non-trivial AWS production deployment
• Solid grasp of SQL and NoSQL databases
• Must be authorized to work in the U.S and have a high level of fluency in English
• Must be able to commute daily to Santa Monica
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
• Believe clear is better than clever
• Ability to work in a fast-paced software release environment, as part of a team or individually
• Care deeply about quality
• Understand and leverage concurrency and parallelism to optimize solutions
• Love to "ship it" and embrace CI/CD enabling methods and technologies
• 1 - 2+ years of experience with RESTful APIs / AJAX / XML / JSONExperience with OAuth, LTI, QTI, Common Cartridge
• Experience with RabbitMQ/SQS, AWS (S3, CloudSearch, Aurora, etc.), Memcached/REDIS, APC, DynamoDB, Angular JS, Laravel/CodeIgniter/ZF2, and other JS or PHP frameworks
• Familiarity with Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Docker, etc. is an added bonus.