Technical Task for website/tracking system
[login to view URL]
The shipping services are meant to ship parcels (bought on different online-shops) from about 5 countries to about 10 countries. All bought parcels will be sent to the main sorting HUB (in country “X”) and after sorting will be sent (mainly by air, but also by sea and land) to the destination country (Client’s location county). Each destination country will have 5 - 10 postal office branches (including several branches in one city) , that will have about 3-5 employees (the users of the website/tracking system). The total number of Clients (who will make purchases in online-stores and order shipping services) will be about 50 000 - 100 000 people in each destination country.
Each Client will register on our website and received the address of our main sorting HUB in country “X”. That is the address to which Clients will send their purchased goods.
Main FUNCTIONALITY of the website:
1) Users (Clients) must registration on the website by indicating the following information about themselves: 1) First and Last Names, 2) actual address, 3) personal ID number, 4) mobile phone, 5) e-mail, 6) select our postal branch from where Client prefers to pick up a parcel (there will be several postal branches in each destination city).
2) Clients/Users will need to enter the following information about the purchase they made online:
a) Tracking number (it will be given by the online store in which they made a purchase)
b) Category of the goods they purchased (to be selected from the drop-don menu out of about 30 categories)
c) Number of units bought
d) Price per unit and total price
e) Name of the online-shop where he/she bought the item
f) Currency of purchase
g) Dimensions of the parcels (in cm)
i) Selection of the transportation type (by air, by sea, by land).
j) Option to order a courier service (after a parcel arrives to the country of destination)
3) Automatic calculation of the shipping price (by kg, or by volume) depending on the country of destination . Probably we’ll add here the type of the parcels too (dangerous goods, valuable goods, etc.).
4) Informatively (for not yet registered users) the website should show tariffs on the shipping services for different destination countries, different types of parcels, size, and weights).
5) A website should offer a service of courier delivery (in the country of destination) to get a parcel delivered to a Client.
6) The website should offer the possibility of the secure online payment (by bank card or PayPal) for all the services.
7) The website should allow to generate the customs declaration for the arrived parcels and e-mail it to the Client.
8) The website should allow the employees to change the status of the shipment for each parcel (in order that Client could see the status). There may be 4 statuses:
a. Status-1: shipment received at our main sorting HUB (in country “X”)
b. Status-2: shipment is on its way (left HUB)
c. Status-3: shipment has arrived at destination country
d. Status-4: shipment has been passed to Client.
9) Website must be user-friendly
10) Website must allow Clients to subscribe on our news, promotions…
11) Website сайт must allow us to inform our registered Clients (by email and/or by sms) about our breaking news/warnings (for example, delay of the air flight …).
12) Website must automatically send sms and email notifications about a fact that their parcels has arrived and that they may come to the postal office branch to pick them up (in case if they did not ordered a courier).
see full description in the attached file